Our Parishes of Camberwell, Balwyn, Deepdene and Surrey Hills Wattle Park are made all the more vibrant by the many organisations and groups that were created to serve the needs of the parish and our local community. These groups continue to be an integral part of our parish life.
Over the last eighteen months, the COVID-19 pandemic imposed restrictions which saw us stay at home for long periods of time, so we were not able to gather in our churches for worship nor were our parish groups able to meet in person. However, parish life did not stop. We all discovered new ways to meet, embracing technology to meet virtually.
Good news for all of us now is that as the restrictions are easing, we are able to meet in person once again. We invite all our parishioners to be actively involved in our parish groups, ministries and organisations. Visit the Parish Community page on our website to explore what is available across our parishes.
Our parish groups are essential in supporting the parish community and our parishes are rich in spaces for our groups to meet:
- Gathering Space at Our Lady of Good Counsel provides a bright and spacious area for group meetings
- McCarthy Centre at All Hallows is located at the rear of All Hallows Church
- Our Lady of Victories has two lovely spaces available for group meetings:
- Parish Meeting Room for small groups
- Parish Hall located adjacent to Our Lady of Victories School
- Our Holy Redeemer has three facilities available to accommodate small, medium or large meetings:
- Parish Meeting Room
- Parish Hall
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour has a large meeting room available at the rear of the church together with onsite parking.
As a new liturgical year begins very soon, we ask all Parish Group and Organisation Leaders to contact the Parish Office to book a space for their regular meetings.
All meetings will still need to follow our COVID-19 protocols to keep everyone safe and minimise any chance of the spread of the virus. As the restrictions and conditions are subject to change, please contact the Parish Office for the latest guidelines or visit Coronavirus.vic.gov.au
We take this opportunity to thank all members of our parish groups and organisations for their continued support of these very important aspects of our parish life.
“Do not bury your talents, the gifts that God has given you! Do not be afraid to dream of great things”. Pope Francis
By Kate Baines