As we begin to anticipate celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ, the parish staff are also looking at what life in the Parishes will look like between Boxing Day and the end of January. With many people on holidays during January, our parishes will be a little quieter and the following arrangements have been put in place:-
Sunday Mass 26/27 December – regular Mass schedule
Bookings essential via the Parish TryBooking page.
Weekday Mass 28-31 December
No pre-booking required, register on arrival.
- Wednesday, 30 December, 9.15 am at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church
- Thursday, 31 December, 9.15 am at All Hallows Church
New Year’s Day Mass
Mass will be celebrated at 10.00 am on New Year’s Day at Our Lady of Victories Basilica. Parking is available in Reserve Road, Inglesby Road or in the Council car park behind the Basilica. Online booking is essential. Visit the Parish TryBooking page to register.
The Parish Office will be closed between Christmas and New Year. If you need a priest during that time, please leave a message on the answer phone, it is checked on a regular basis.
The Parish Office will re-open on Tuesday, 5 January 2021. If you would like to visit the office, please ring to make an appointment.
There will be no weekend e-newsletter until 30/31 January 2021. If you would like something brought to the attention of the parish community, please email or leave a note at the Parish Office.
Camberwell, Balwyn and Deepdene and Surrey Hills Wattle Park
- There will be a holiday roster for Leaders, Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers to ensure that we are covered for these essential roles in our celebration of the Eucharist. If you have volunteered for any of the ministries, please present yourself to the Sacristy prior to Mass.
- Altar Servers are asked to check in at the Sacristy before Mass if they are able to assist.
- There will be no Tuesday morning Mass across the parishes from 29 December to 26 January inclusive.
- There will be no 6.00 pm Mass on Sunday evenings at Camberwell from 27 December to 31 January inclusive.
- Weekend Masses only at SHWP from 28 December to 29 January inclusive.
Weekday Mass Schedule for January
No pre-booking required, register on arrival
- Wednesday, 9.15 am at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Deepdene
- Thursday, 9.15 am at All Hallows Church, Balwyn
- Friday, 9.15 am at Our Lady of Victories Basilica, Camberwell
Sunday Mass Schedule for January
Pre-booking essential visit the Parish TryBooking page
- Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Deepdene
5.30 pm Saturday Vigil, 10.30 am & 5.00 pm Sunday
- All Hallows Church, Balwyn
9.00 am Sunday
- Our Lady of Victories Basilica, Camberwell
6.00 pm Saturday Vigil, 10.00 am Sunday
- Our Holy Redeemer Church, Surrey Hills
6.00 pm Saturday Vigil, 10.30 am Sunday
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Church, Wattle Park
9.00 am Sunday
The regular Mass schedule will resume on Saturday, 30 January 2021.
SAVE THE DATE
The Opening of the Parish and School Year for Camberwell, Balwyn and Deepdene Parish will be celebrated on Saturday, 6 February 2021 at 5.30 pm Mass at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. Parish Groups, and school staff will be commissioned for ministry at this time.
The Opening of the School Year for Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Primary School will be celebrated on Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 9.00 am Mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Church, Wattle Park.
The Opening of the School Year for Our Holy Redeemer Primary School will be celebrated on Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 10.30 am Mass at Our Holy Redeemer Church, Surrey Hills.