Stewardship of our Parish Resources
Across the parishes of Camberwell and Deepdene & Balwyn, we strive to achieve wise and faithful stewardship of our assets and to operate within a responsible and sustainable financial framework. We place high priority on ethical business transactions and on transparent accountability.
To this end, we apply the following practices:
- We develop and monitor a fiscally responsible annual budget (capital, operational and cash flow) and ensure that proper financial controls and systems are in place;
- We ensure compliance with established standards for financial accountability;
- We employ qualified staff and draw on the expertise of parishioners with high-level finance experience to oversee our budget and financial practices;
- We allocate resources to maximise our parishes’ visions and to achieve the strategic priorities of each parish;
- We publish our financial year statements in the Annual Report of the Parishes of Camberwell and Deepdene & Balwyn.
Parishes’ Finance Committee
Our Parish Priest holds ultimate responsibility for ensuring that our parishes operate within a responsible and sustainable financial framework. He is supported in this responsibility by a Finance Committee that serves our two parishes.
The key role of the Finance Committee is to assist the Parish Priest and the Parish Leadership Team (Camberwell) and Parish Council (Deepdene & Balwyn) in managing the financial affairs of each parish. The Committee’s advisory and oversight areas include:
- Stewardship contributions and the renewal program;
- Annual parish budgets and annual reporting to Archdiocese and to parishioners;
- Review & monitoring of the OLGC School finances;
- The financial, business and corporate governance aspects of the Barnsbury Retirement Village;
- Stewardship of parish assets.
As Stewardship Coordinator, Kate Baines’ role responsibilities include property maintenance across the parishes, day-to-day financial management of both parishes and membership of the Parishes’ Finance Committee. Kate also plays a key role in liaison with and support of the Barnsbury Retirement Village and Villa Maria Catholic Homes.
Kate’s working days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
T: 9816 9291