Sacrament of Confirmation
The Sacrament of Confirmation is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation, the other two sacraments being Baptism and Eucharist.
Confirmation perfects our Baptism and brings us the graces of the Holy Spirit that were granted to the Apostles on Pentecost Sunday. It is most often associated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are:
- Wisdom: The ability to see God in everyone and everything everywhere
- Understanding: The ability to comprehend that we are followers of Christ
- Counsel (Right judgment): The ability to know right from wrong and to choose to do what is right
- Piety (Reverence): The ability to have deep respect for God and the Church
- Knowledge: The ability to understand the meaning of God
- Fortitude (Courage): The ability to overcome our fear and to stand up for what is right in the eyes of God
- Fear of the Lord (Wonder and awe): The ability to be aware the God is all-powerful, all-loving, all-perfect.
The Church teaches that all baptised persons can and should be confirmed. The effect of the sacrament is to give strength in faith to follow Jesus and to become involved in the mission which Jesus left to the Church.
Confirmation for School Aged Children
Children preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are usually in Year 6 of their primary school education. In most instances, these children will have prepared for and received the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist in Year 4. These circumstances can vary. Confirmation will take place during Term 3 in 2024. Read more…
Parish Primary School students
For children attending our parish primary schools, their preparation for Confirmation occurs within the school’s Religious Education Program. The receiving of the Sacrament takes place in the Parish.
Confirmation for students attending other schools
For those students attending other local schools, they are invited to attend an after-school Sacraments Program under the guidance of our Parish Catechists Team. Classes are conducted over a six-week period.
If you wish to arrange for your child to be confirmed, you are invited to complete the Expressions of Interest form. We will contact you via email once the online registration form is available.
Further Information and/or Expressions of Interest
If you are an adult seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation, we invite you to contact our RCIA Coordinator via the Parish Office.
If you are seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation for a school-aged child, please complete the Confirmation Registration Form. For further information, please contact the Parish Office on 9816 9291 or firstname.lastname@example.org